THE CORE CULINARY LEADERSHIP TEAM
MARK STUSSI CEC
Mark Stussi CEC– Core Corporate Chef and Culinary Team Lead West
Mark joined The CORE Group in 2015, and works with The CORE leadership team to execute client’s plans and makes food tasty and fun. Being a 30 year foodservice veteran, he brings a wealth of knowledge from fast food to fine dining.
• Graduated from the Collins School for Hospitality Management at Cal Poly Pomona and has a Culinary Degree from the California Culinary Academy.
• Has held a variety of culinary, sales, and management positions with companies like Rich Products, Sodexo, Wolfgang Puck, and the Patina Group to name a few.
• He loves to sail, backpack, and fish. He also likes to make and drink homebrew.
• Also has been known to eat bugs and unusual food once periodically
• Loves to WIN, hates to lose
Mark lives in Denver with his wife and two teenage children who are awesome. He believes that success is achieved by working hard and working smart.
Email: mstussi@COREgroupsales.comASK THE CHEF
Ryan Smith – Central division Culinary Team Lead
Ryan joined The CORE Group in 2015, and having 24 year food service veteran, he brings a wealth of knowledge from healthy foods to fine dining.
· I have a Dietary Degree from DMACC , and also a Culinary Degree from the Cordon Blue in Portland Oregon Culinary Academy.
· Has held a variety of culinary, sales, and management positions with companies like Marriott, Embassy, Hockenberg Newburgh to name a few.
· He loves to travel, and fish. He also likes to smoke meats and sous vide.
· Loves to WIN, hates to lose
· Ryan lives in Des Moines Iowa with his wife and four teenage children who are awesome. He believes that success is by never giving up.
Email:email@example.comASK THE CHEF
Joe Maiuri Northeast Culinary Team Lead
Joe joined The CORE Group in 2016 just as The Core Group became a national Force in the food brokerage world. It has been fun being part of a National company and still have that start up feel. While working in many facets of the food Industry from Catering, Fast Food and Fine Dining he always go back to why he started out in this crazy industry, Food is Fun and it tastes good too.
• Graduating in 1986 from Johnson and Wales ( remember a little learned a ton) with a BS in food Service Management Joe has worked in Hospitals, Business and Industry Catering, Country Clubs and even ventured out on a 15 year stint owning a Corporate Catering Company in the Boston Area.
• Joe enjoys following the Boston Sports scene and loves to taunt the other fans from around the country especially with his beloved Patriots. (Loves to WIN hates to lose)
• Enjoys the occasion round of Golf, his only handicap being the clubs themselves
• He loves to cut the grass and shovel the snow and then hang out in the garage fixing things.
Married to his College sweetheart and lovely bride of 30 years, living in Plymouth MA Joe celebrates his family with his 3 grown successful Children, 2 grandchildren and 3 dogs who all tire him out. To sum it up Joe likes to work hard and play hard.
Cell: 774-203-8137 ASK THE CHEF
Dan Kunesh – Midwest Culinary Team Lead
Dan Joined The CORE Group in 2015, and work in the Midwest Division.
Dan has been in the food industry for 10 years, and has been in the sales side for 3 years.
• Graduated from The Cooking and Hospitality Institute of Chicago in 2007, with a degree in
• Has had a variety of culinary positions listing from Colleges, catering, fine dining, and bar n grill.
• He has a passion for hunting, fishing, and tending to his vegetable gardens.
• Has been known to crack a few jokes to lighten moods.
Dan lives in Chicago, IL and thoroughly enjoys the fall months.
Email: dkunesh@COREgroupsales.comASK THE CHEF
David Jutras Southeast Culinary Team Lead
David has been with CORE Group since 2010 and has been the culinary resource for the South Florida market. He has been actively involved in developing, maintaining and growing sales and has been the culinary support for many of our top client reviews, events and interviews.
• Has over 30 years culinary and management experience in the foodservice industry.
• Held culinary and Executive Chef Positions within companies like Walt Disney World, Rain Forest Café and Dave and Busters. Has also owned and operated his own restaurant.
• Was chosen for and instrumental in the opening of several large icon chain restaurants across the U.S. like the Rain Forest Café at the MGM Grand Las Vegas, Orlando’s Disney Animal Kingdom and New Jersey.
• Thrives at the planning and execution of large catered events and believes in what he calls the 5 “P’s” Proper Planning Prevents Poor Performances.
• Dreams of being a Rock Star. He plays the Bass Guitar and absolutely loves preforming and being on stage.
• Loves cooking, anything outdoors and kayaking with his wife in the Florida Keys.
• Believes that great food can be the common language that brings people together.
David lives in South Florida with his wife Ann Marie who is his biggest fan. They have a cat named Pepe who really thinks he is a dog.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.orgASK THE CHEF
MELANIE BORBA CSC
Melanie Borba CSC – Pacific Culinary Team Lead
Melanie has been with CORE Group since 2009 and has been key in growing sales both on the distribution side and in her current regional multi-unit and culinary positions.
• Graduated from Pima Community College in Tucson AZ
• Recently achieved certification with the American Culinary Federation
• Worked as Sysco LA Business Review Chef
• Has 20 years foodservice experience from casual dining to formal white tablecloth
• Has held 2 Pastry Chef positions, both for James Beard nominated chefs
• Grew up a military “brat” moving around the US and Germany
• Loves cooking, smoking any and all meats, camping and watching zombie movies
• Believes in foods cooked simply and deliciously
• Loves to WIN, hates to lose
Melanie lives in Southern California with her fiancé and 2 girls who keep her busy.
Email: email@example.comASK THE CHEF
SEAN DANIELS CMC WMCS
Sean Daniels, WMCS Central Culinary Team Lead
Sean’s 30 plus years in the industry includes the Pyramid Room at the Dallas Fairmont Hotel, the upscale Adams Mark Convention Center And Resort, Denton and Wichita Falls Country Clubs, with the last six years in the Food Broker Industry, the most recent with CORE Group Sales (Central Region) as a Culinary Team Leader.
• Sean served as an Operations Specialist in the U.S.NAVY and obtained his Culinary Degree
• Sean was inducted into the World Master Chefs Society in January 2000 giving him the opportunity to compete in numerous International Culinary Competitions around the world representing the United States Regional Team.
• Sean is active in the ACF, WMCS, WAC, IKA, Mercy Chefs, Adopt A Ship and Wounded Warriors programs.
• Likes Sailing and Stand Up Paddle Boarding
Sean lives in Dallas and when is not advocating for manufactures and not in the kitchen, you will usually find him on the lake running around on a 300 horsepower supercharged Sea Doo jet ski or just grillin and chillin on the dock with his stone pizza oven and grill.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.orgASK THE CHEF